Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day Was a Blast!!

Happy Mothers Day Mom! I hope that you got my cards... I couldn't call because I can't find Kim's phone number. I always call you at home to get the # and guess what, you were not at home you were with Kim!! Kind of put a kink in my normal routine...

Any way call me or have Kim email me with the telephone # so I can call you. I miss you and hope that you had a fabulous day and I love you.

Also Mom (in NC) Jay did not let me speak to you before he hung up, but I wanted to wish you a happy Mothers Day and let you and Dad know that I got the beautiful card that you sent. Thank you so much. I love you both.

My mothers day was wonderful, we had church that morning and then a nice cookout that afternoon. My Co- Mom came over with her husband and boys. Scotty and Bethany both had to work that afternoon but I was able to spend some time with them that morning and again that night. Brandy, Josh & Aidden as well as Amber, John & Alana were all there. It was very sweet to spend Mothers day with all of them. This was Amber's 1st Mothers day, I hope that she felt special, because she is. Brandy is so excited she finally has a piece of jewelry that says "MOM". Good thing too because if she didn't get a "MOM" jewelry this year I gotta funny feeling that Josh was "Gonna be Sorry"...

Bethany got me the most beautiful bracelet and sweetest card, you know one of those that makes you cry. For those of you who now Bethany she is not all that sentimental so I was quite surprised and since I am somewhat sentimental, OK ALOT sentimental I will not soon forget her words in the card, or the fact that she used a good little bit of hard earned money that she probably should have used for something else to treat her "Good OLE Mom" special. Thanks Bethany. I love you.

Scotty had me a homemade cheesecake made, IT WAS SOOOO GOOD!! I enjoyed 2-3 pieces of it and I'm sure that will show on the Weight Watchers scale tomorrow, but it was worth every point. Did I mention I'll be working out with a vengeance tonight? Thanks for the cake son, I enjoyed it and I love you. You are always so sweet and have such a good heart.

Brandy & Amber Both got me the nicest cards and helped with lunch. I don't think I actually done anything in the kitchen other than maybe stirring something on occasion. Both Brandy & Amber know how proud I am of them, but just for the record you both are amazing. I think that you phenomenal mothers. So patient and kind with your children. It is truly a joy to watch.

My man Tyler!! He finally got to call home! It was WONDERFUL to hear his voice. When the phone rang and Jay smiled we all knew immediately who was on the other end. I'm sure for him it was like a world wind, he was passed around so fast it would make your head spin. We needed to make sure everyone got an opportunity to speak to him. Our conversation was brief but I know one thing, he sounded HAPPY!! That is important to me. There are several things a mother wants for her child and happiness is at the top of the list. Of course he sounded good and strong and so grown. We can all hardly wait until June when we can all get our hands on him and hug him until it hurts!!

last but not least is my "Sweetie" For those of you who have to hear "Ode to Sweetie" all the time I just hate that for you, you'll have to suffer through it yet again. LOL

My sweetie is one of the kindest souls I have ever had the pleasure to be around. He got me perfume for Mothers Day and took me out to dinner the Sat. night before Mothers Day. I was a little stressed by something at dinner and I'm not sure exactly when or how but by the time dinner was over I didn't have a care in the world. He just has the most calming spirit, and makes it his mission to make sure that I feel taken care of and cared for. On Mothers Day he cooked and after lunch him & Josh done the dishes. I didn't have a worry in the world. After everybody left that afternoon it was down for a nap! I'm the luckiest girl in the world!!
He is so good at this husband thing I may have to consider having him hold a boot camp for husbands so that the less fortunate women can send their husband for intensive training! LOL
I crack myself up!

Well when it was all said & done Mothers day was many different things for me. It was sweet, and fun, loving, and memorable, exciting and rewarding as well as filling. I enjoyed my day and certainly felt honored by my husband and children. I hope all of you other mothers out there had a Mothers Day that is worthy of remembering and felt the same love and devotion from your family.

That's all for now, Check out my future...

No comments: