Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial day weekend with Kim & Jim - Owen & Alice






























































Wow, what fun!!
We had everything you need for good old fashioned summer fun.
Family
Food
Fussing
Funnies
Freaking Out
and bunch of other stuff, but since it doesn't start with "F" I'm not going to mess up my Flow and just say that it was a BLAST!!
Everybody was there at least for short visits with the exception of my man Tyler, who, as all of you know is still in basic training. He was certainly a topic of conversation and there with us in our thoughts.
Owen and his cousins all had a great time. They colored and watched videos. They had a big time in the pool and playing with the trucks. The funniest thing happens when you get little kids together. They speak their own little language and most of the people old enough to drive can only understand every 3rd word. But hey they know what they are talking about. They also find the strangest things to play with. One of the most favorite play things was the set of drink coasters and the green vinyl table cloth that covered the coffee table. It was just to funny to watch them entertain themselves.
Of course the pool was a great treat, Owen was not so sure about it to start with, he had to ease into that, but once he was enjoying it he had a great time. He would do this cute little jump off the side to daddy thing. To start with he kind of just leaned over and daddy would grab him, but once he got started his jumps got bigger and bigger and came closer together than the last until finally one of them caught Daddy off guard and of course Owen sank! Like a rock, Sank. That of course covers the "Freaking out" part of the intro. Well that's probably slightly exaggerated, really the way it went was Owen sank, we yelled at Jim who did not hear so I jumped in a yanked him up. ( I was completely calm and for those of you who know & love me that in itself should be pretty impressive) Owen was not upset and didn't swallow any water but the first thing he said was " need out" I kind of agreed with him on that one. well, Christie & Bre immediately started saying that Aunt Rhonda had "saved" Owen! I told them, "now when you go in at lunch, don't tell Aunt Kim that I saved Owen. No since in getting her worried, everything turned out fine. So what do you think was the first thing that happened when they got in for lunch? That's right, they told on Uncle Jim!!
We had food of all kinds and I mean a bunch of it. One thing we know about in our family is groceries. There were 2 birthday cakes for Christie & Bre's birthday so we all saved room for dessert. Well, let me rephrase that we didn't save room but we had dessert anyway!
Good times!!
Of course anytime you have that many people together you gotta have a little fussing, so I want name names to protect the innocent (NOT) but there were a few of the kids that had to go to the corner. I will give the strictest parent award to Rob, who literally took one of the unnamed children as we finished the "Happy Birthday song" directly from blowing out the candles to sitting in the corner. That's what I call a no nonsense daddy, but the kids I'm sure have a different name for him. LOL
Now let me tell you about Alice, that baby is the cutest little thing. When she starts laughing out loud it is contagious.
I think everybody had an opportunity to visit and laugh with one another. It was such fun. As a matter of fact I am already looking forward to next year.
Well I could go on forever telling about every little detail, but I don't like typing that much so you'll have to use your imagination to fill any blank spots that I might have left.
Just know that "Fun was had by ALL"
Thanks Jim & Kim for spending your vacation with us. we love you and miss you guys already.
that's all for now, check out my future...


No comments: